Frequently Asked Questions
What forms of ID are accepted at Kings of Canna?
In order to enter a dispensary or buy cannabis you must present a valid ID.
Per OLCC guidelines the following are considered valid forms of ID:
- An unexpired and unaltered U.S. state or District of Columbia driver license.
- An unexpired and unaltered identification card issued by a U.S. state, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, United States Virgin
- Islands, or American Samoa, with photo, name, date of birth, and physical description.
- An unexpired and unaltered ID card issued by a federally recognized Indian tribe with photo, name, and date of birth.
- An unexpired and unaltered passport or unexpired and unaltered passport card.
- An unexpired and unaltered U.S. military ID card.
* A cannabis retailer may require ID from a person in addition to what is listed above only if the ID is the person’s registry identification card.
*If you are traveling from another country outside of the United States you will need to present your passport. Nexus cards cannot be accepted.
How much cannabis can I purchase?
- A customer cannot purchase more than the following amounts at any one time or within one day:
- One ounce of usable marijuana if a recreational consumer;
- Eight ounces of useable marijuana at any one time or within one day, and no more than 32 ounces in one calendar month if an OMMP registry identification cardholder or designated caregiver;
- 16 ounces of a cannabinoid product in solid form;
- 72 ounces of a cannabinoid product in liquid form;
- Five grams of cannabinoid products intended for inhalation (smoking or vaporizing);
- Five grams of cannabinoid extracts or concentrates, whether sold alone or contained in an inhalant delivery system;
- Four immature marijuana plants; and
- Ten marijuana seeds.
Im a registered OMMP patient, but I’m 18 years old. Can I buy marijuana from an OLCC retailer?
OLCC retailers selling marijuana for medical purposes can sell medical marijuana to OMMP patients 18 years of age or older.
How old do I have to be to visit Kings of Canna?
You must be 21 years or older with valid ID to enter a dispensary.
If I forgot my ID or am not 21 yet but want to just look around, can I?
No. You must be 21 years or older with valid ID to enter a dispensary.
When can I smoke/use recreational marijuana?
As of July 1, 2015, Oregonians are allowed to grow up to four plants on their property, possess up to eight ounces of usable marijuana in their homes and up to one ounce on their person. Recreational marijuana cannot be sold or smoked in public.
Can I smoke marijuana in a bar/restaurant?
Marijuana cannot be smoked or used in a public place. The OLCC considers any establishment with a state liquor license to be public, including patios or decks set aside for smokers. Allowing marijuana use may put an establishment’s liquor license in jeopardy. In addition, smoking and vaping in most businesses is limited by the Indoor Clean Air Act.
What is the definition of a public place?
Chapter 475B defines a public place as “a place to which the general public has access and includes, but is not limited to, hallways, lobbies, and other parts of apartment houses and hotels not constituting rooms or apartments designed for actual residence, and highways, streets, schools, places of amusement, parks, playgrounds and premises used in connection with public passenger transportation.”